Decode those work e-mails and find out what they really mean! Some are just... well... really mean!
- I’m wondering if I could pick your brain about something: Help me please I am dying.
- Looking forward to your thoughts!: Respond to me promptly, or else!
- Just wanted to follow up: Why the heck have you not responded to my last note?!
- I happened to notice your great work on __ : I’ve spent 3 hours painstakingly researching your past work in an attempt to ingratiate myself with you.
- That’s fair: You win this round, Dr. Doom…
- Let’s circle back on this: I can’t deal with u right now.
- Great! (1 exclamation point): Sure, whatever.
- Great!! (2 exclamation points): I agree, and want you to like me.
- Great!!!!!! (3 exclamation points): Either I am desperately trying to ingratiate myself with you, or, have just had my fourth cup of coffee.
- Great. (no exclamation points): I hate you.
- Best: We don’t know each other and never will.