It is easy to understand the benefits of a week-long vacation in a romantic beach villa. But you don't have to travel so far from home or spend a lot of money to reap the romantic benefits of traveling together.
- Take a spontaneous roadtrip. One of the biggest romantic benefits of traveling together comes from the surplus of time together.
- Find your muse. Dress up in your best clothes and spend the afternoon wandering the galleries together. Take the time to discuss art that catches your eye and be specific about what you find inspiring.
- Indulge in a spa staycation. If your favorite part of vacation is a spa treatment, you don't even have to leave home to relax and indulge. If you have kids, ask a friend or family member to take care of them for the day and then transform your home into a spa for two.
- Explore the great outdoors. Find a local state park and either camp out or rent a cabin for the weekend. Many state parks have great swimming holes and hiking trails so you can spend your days exploring nature and being invigorated by fresh air and sunlight.
- Shatter your comfort zone. Has your relationship settled into a rut? Shake things up by taking a romantic getaway and seize the opportunity to participate in an extreme sport. Go skydiving, bungee jumping or complete a ropes course together.
More at (Yahoo!)