1. Turn wine corks into point protectors for knitting needles.
A) Your knitting won't slide off. B) You have to drink two entire bottles of wine first. C) Cool.
2. Knit in a dimly-lit room or in a car at night with light-up needles.
Also you'll feel like a Jedi, which is always a plus. Clover sells them for around $15-$16 per pair.
4. Yarn bowls are lovely and keep your yarn from getting tangled/roaming across the land, but they can be wicked expensive.
Make your own using a binder clip.
6. Or the net bag from produce.
8. Prevent tangled ribbon or twine (and make it look pretty) ...